Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Good Day Bad Day

beth1

What a day todays been.

The good news:

I have been accepted on to the Foundation Degree in Early Years at Bradford College, must make sure I have everything done more forms to fill out etc, etc. :):o

The bad news:

Unforunately I did not get the job at the preschoo playgroup I so badly wanted. Although they would like to keep my application form on file. :(:(:(

Oh well maybe this must be fate, maybe the right job is just around the corner??? xD :wacko:

Sarah

Sorry to hear your news but like you say, new offers/options in the future are I am sure not too far away.

Once you start your degree you will make new contacts and new contacts may lead to new beginnings. :D

Peggy

Oh Sarah, thats tough, so sorry to hear that.

Better luck next time, didnt you have something else in the pipeline?

Not at the moment. I may have something lined up with my agency next week? There is also no hours at my current job at the moment. :o But we may have found a way round the funding issue?? I am in the process of fulling in a form for my local council to be put onto their supply register.

I hope I get a job soon otherwise I may not be able to get on the course to progress up the career ladder. xD

Sorry to hear your news but like you say, new offers/options in the future are I am sure not too far away.

Once you start your degree you will make new contacts and new contacts may lead to new beginnings. :D

Peggy

I never tought of that Peggy maybe I need to get on with the course and then the right job may come along.

Sorry your having to cope with such mixed emotions Sarah, like everyone keeps saying things happen for a reason and I am sure something will turn up, we are all here for you. :D

Hi Sarah, I was in a similar position to you not that long ago.

I was offered a place on the FD, as I was managing a pre-school. My boss filled in all the forms for me to say she would support me etc, and then the pre-school closed down. So I was left with a place on a course that I have to be working to complete.

Applied to a local pre-school, I used to go there when I was little! Waited so long for an interview that I was convinced I wouldn't get the job. I then waited ages to hear back from them, and ended up calling them every day for a response.

They told me they could offer me the job, but they didn't realise I needed childcare for Natalie, so there was another problem! It's now been sorted that I am going to work three afternoons per week, but Natalie can only attend for 2 of those 3. My boyfriend has been really good though, he is taking an extra afternoon off of work to have her whilst I go to work.

All the while this was going on, I was debating with myself as to whether I should tell the college or not about my change in jobs, but finally decided not to, and I'm hoping this won't affect me enrolling in the next couple of weeks.

Just keep your chin up, I'm sure soemthing will come along soon, and you will wonder why you were upset about missing out this time!

Good luck with the FD too!

Does anyone have any new ideas on how to find a job please? :o

I have tried specuatlive letters with no luck, there are no jobs in the local paper suitable for me. :(

Why does the private sector always want nursery nurses full time, when I can only work part time. :(xD

I am registered with an education agency but cannot get funding for my course this way, they are very good at finding jobs for me but the course leader says it is not viable for the FD course

Edited by beth1

Beth- are there any agencies in your area? In my area some of the teacher agencies also take on SSA and Nursery Nurses to cover for staff in schools...don't know if that helps or if the college has a creche maybe you could help there. I don't know what your financial situation is but voluntary work in a setting can often lead to something...hope you find work soon

Beth- are there any agencies in your area? In my area some of the teacher agencies also take on SSA and Nursery Nurses to cover for staff in schools...don't know if that helps or if the college has a creche maybe you could help there. I don't know what your financial situation is but voluntary work in a setting can often lead to something...hope you find work soon

I have just found out today that I have 4 days work next week at a school with my agency, I have also sent an email to an agency and they may have some permiante work in day nurseries depending on what the nurseries say about my day realse to attend college??

I just had a thought about the FD - how many people are called Sarah? :o If so I think i will use this name below!!

Beth