Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Excited...

Running Bunny

We have a family wedding in Chicago to go to in October, so hubby and I have decided to make a proper holiday of it and go to New York, catch up with my Uncle in Pennsylvania and then go to Chicago for his cousin's wedding.

Accomodation with my family and for the wedding is sorted, but with NYC being so big (and expensive from internet searches) I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for good hotels?

I promise to post some pictures in the gallery...THANK YOU!

RB x

That sounds fantastic, Have a brill time, I have no knowledge of travelling, I have been nowhere xD

Never been abroad or even on an aeroplane, only at the fleet air arm musuem the other day!! :o

Edited by Guest

i am sooooooo jealous of you going to Chicago. Some of my family live there and i spent the summer hols there just before i started teaching which is now 7 years ago. i miss it like mad, it is my second home, you are so lucky. there is so much to see you have to visit everything you can

O0o0o you'll love it! We've just spent 4 days there as part of our honeymoon. It was fantastic and our hotel was brilliant. Not sure exactly how much it cost, as we had so many things on the bill I can't remember any of the individual costs but it was called the Millenium Broadway and was so close to Times Square we could see it from our window! Amazing! I have loads of piccies but only got back yesterday so not had time to post any yet.

Hi there

Lucky You!!

We went a few years ago and stayed in the Wellington Hotel. It was the cheapest one I could find and still be in central Manhattan. It was fairly basic (decent bed and shower room) with a little view of the park. But the best bit was downstairs - there was a little Diner (not part of the hotel) which you could get the lift down to in the morning, and they served the best croissants and coffee to eat in or take out. One of us would go down in the morning and bring them up to the room, and we would start the day with our little take out (and very cheap) breakfast.

The hotel was also just round the corner from Carnagie Hall, and there was a subway station right outside the door (useful for going to Statue of Liberty and Ground Zero, Greenwich Village & Chinatown). But we just walked everywhere - As far as I can remember it was just off 5th Avenue, sort of near Times Square - anyway - nothing felt far away (I think it took about 10mins to walk down 5th Avenue and arrive at the Park - but the walk is the best bit - so much to see) and I would definately go back again to the same hotel. We also found it very useful to get one of those open topped bus tours on the first day - just to get our bearings.

Hope this helps

G.

take a trip on the open top bus - its amazing value - you can get off and back on again at any point, so you can go to all the tourist attractions then get the bus to the next one or just stay on it and see all the sights with a commentary too

also buy tickets for this and the empire statebuilding online, saves queing or waiting

fabulous place

central park is magic