Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Top Tips And Advice!

Guest Wolfie

Guest DeborahF

I've been a QTS attached to a Children's Centre for about eight months now (0.5 position) and am still very much feeling my way as far as my role and responsibilties are concerned. It's becoming clear to me, both through chatting to people in the authority where I work and through reading the posts in this forum, that there are a lot of queries and uncertainties regarding these positions on a national scale and that lots of other people are also "feeling their way".

Has anybody got any "top tips" for someone new to the job like me? How do you manage your time effectively, how do you prioritise what needs to be done, have you found any publications, courses, meetings, etc. invaluable? I realise that different authorities work in different ways and are interpreting these positions and roles differently but there must be quite a lot of common ground really and it would be great to have a chat to other people doing my job!!! :o

Any help and advice will be very greatly received!

Deborah

• 5 weeks later...

Deborah, I guess it's about what your job description is. There are plenty of QTS' s working in Children Centres as teachers and others who have an outreach duty. Tell me more about your actual post. Outreach to the PVS is a different job altogether to supporting practice within a centre.

Guest DeborahF

Hi - thanks for replying! Well so far my only role has been to support the staff delivering the Foundation Stage in the full day care nursery at the centre. However, the more I read about the role of other QTSs in Children's Centres, the more I wonder whether I should be branching out into other areas?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)