Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Name Games/songs

Hi all

Does anyone know any good name games/songs to help children learn each others names at the beginning of the year?

Thanking you in advance

during circle time we start with one child and ask them their name, then we say to all the children 'she's a girl so we say HER name is......'

Obviously I can't help with the tune but you should be able to work one out one that works

but the words are

'Her name is Lola, Lola, Lola,

Her name is Lola, What's your name?'.

The next one tells you their name e.g 'Charlie' and you say 'he's a boy so we say HIS name is.........'then you carry on round the circle (clapping hands if you wish) asking each child their name

Sorry I can't really explain better!

Karrie

We sing ' Hello..... how are you, hello.....how are you, hello........how are you, welcome to our circle. Sorry I can't let you know the tune!

We also chant ' Hooray, hooray.........is here today!' We use a different voice for each child-high, low, loud quiet etc

Hope that helps! Rosalind

I have got them to sit in a circle and then they roll the ball to each other. They need to say the name of the child that they are sending the ball to.

Thanks Guys. Rosalind and Karrie - i'm singing your songs in y head now rying to fit them to tunes. Got a feeling they are going to be going round all night!!!

We do a puppet singing (obv us really! :o ) "Sophie, Sophie where are you ?," and encourage the child to sing back" here I am here I am and how do you do" and shake hands with the puppet, by about Christmas they all join in, xD

Edited by Guest

I like that idea Shirel, might see what the pre-school does and if they don't do anything like that, I might suggest it, as it's nice and easy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)