Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Generic Skills Plan

Hi Sue :D

Have been reading your blog with interest, I teach in a reception class but they are a younger group and I would really like to try out planning without 'topics' as I feel that you can get too hung up on getting the activities done, fitting them in etc.

I notice you said your EY team composed a generic skills plan to which you added the contexts, if at all possible and wishing to save myself a lot of time :o could you possibly give me more of an idea as to what these look like, an attached sample would be great and then I might get an idea of whether i could adapt it to suit our own needs.

I know its cheeky xD hope you don't mind me asking.

Ruth

I'm also very interested as I am very concerned that our topic based planning is no longer the best way forward for our group which has a very diverse age range and ability levels. Last term it was as though all the hard work in planning the topic didn't really meet the needs of the children despite our best efforts. I really want a framework that better fits starting with the child.

I am very keen to share these, but also very aware that as the Team did the slog, I want their permission. They take the traditional 6 week break, so I haven't been able to get this. Hoping to make progress, so maybe next week.... please don't hold your breath, though, as they are really busy.

And, No, I don't mind anyone asking!!

Sue :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)