Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Marion- Avatars

• 4 months later...

Don't worry, It's not you. I just tried and got this message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: xss_check_url() in /home/foundati/public_html/forums/sources/lib/func_usercp.php on line 1108

did you?

I shall PM steve to let him know.

Peggy

Don't worry, It's not you. I just tried and got this message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: xss_check_url() in /home/foundati/public_html/forums/sources/lib/func_usercp.php on line 1108

did you?

I shall PM steve to let him know.

Peggy

Thanks Peggy

Yes its the same error message I'm getting. I did PM Steve a few days ago but guess with Christmas he hasn't been around much. It's not really important just wondered if there was an easy solution. :o

Thank goodness thought it was me too! Christmas is over and although I do love my sparkly bauble I miss my Johnny Depp!! Hopefully it will be sorted out soon!

Liz x

That's good with me Liz, I am more than happy with Johnny back on screen, just to make you a bit jealous he has moved to a village very near me and my daughter's friend met him at the corner shop!!! xD

My daughter absolutely loves him!! (I wouldn't mind him for a son in law) :o

Thought I would show you all my horse Woody, what do you think??

It's not very clear but I shall bombard you with pictures now I know how to do it!!

Edited by Guest

Being thick, can't work out how to get avatar from microsoft clipart to this forum. Any tips???

I'll try :o

Save the clip you want to your hard drive ( I put it on my desktop so it is easy to find)

Go to 'My controls' ( green bar top of screen on left underneath todays date)

scroll down until you come to 'edit avatar settings'.

find 'Upload a new image from your computer',

select 'browse'

click on image from your desktop

select / click on 'update avatar'.

Hope that works for you :D

Peggy

p.s. You are definately not being 'thick'. It took me about 18 months before I added an avatar. xD

Partly because of working out how to do it, and partly because I have an identity crisis and didn't know which picture to choose which best represents my personality, then I found Peggy's Place, which is exactly how at home I feel every time I'm on the forum. :D:(:(

Peggy

Thanks Peggy for taking the time to write that but I can't get past the first part 'save the clip you want to your hard drive' - how do you do that on MS clip art?? I'm sure you used to be able to easily but I can only find options to copy on to documents or download into my own clip art, but then I can't upload it onto this site as haven't saved it anywhere as such (can't find clip art files when I browse). Tried right clicking but no save option comes up, and tried ctrl-s but that doesn't work.

I found an avatar I wanted somewhere else but when I tried to upload it said it was too big.

Any other help much appreciated!!! :o

Clip art must be no larger than 20KB.

Can't help with other query, I know that if I open a word doc and try to insert from clip file the majority of pics need me to insert a disc, obviously not on my hard drive :o

QUOTE: "but then I can't upload it onto this site as haven't saved it anywhere as such (can't find clip art files when I browse)." Have you tried looking in your 'my documents' my pictures' folder????? :(xD

another option I have used is to go to google images and search for a picture then download to desktop - if all else fails :(

Good luck.

Peggy

Thank you Peggy and Marion! Hope you like my new picture!!!

I went on to google images and found this one and saved it in my pictures. Then when I went to get it I saw a folder called micosoft clipart organiser - so that's where they go! So both ideas work, thanks alot!!!

:D

Thank you Peggy and Marion! Hope you like my new picture!!!

I went on to google images and found this one and saved it in my pictures. Then when I went to get it I saw a folder called micosoft clipart organiser - so that's where they go! So both ideas work, thanks alot!!!

:D

very appropriatte I must say :D

glad you found your clip art organiser too :D

Peggy