Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Singing Sacks

On the old forum at Under 5's there was a chat about singing sacks and singing cubes, which i can only vaguely remember. Can anyone give me more ideas for things to put in the sacks for each rhyme- because i can't remember i.e. red bus foir wheels on bus, teapot for i'm a little teapot etc.

Cheers

In the one I made a few years back I put in various beanie animals,

monkey - five little monkeys

frog - five little speckled frogs

duck _ five little ducks

farm animals - old macdonald

camel - alice the camel

cat (with a cardboard fiddle) hey diddle diddle

mouse - hickory dickory dock

bear - teddy bear,teddy bear

from felt I also made

humpty - humpty dumpty

scarecrow - dingle dangle

star - twinkle twinkle

spider - incey wincey

caterpillar - caterpillar,caterpillar

ladybird - ladybird, ladybird

I also made a boy and girl which can be used together or separately for a number of rhymes

there are some more but I can't remember them all!

hope this helps

Karrie

Thanks for the ideas, I have a large cloth hanger with 12 pockets which I was racking my brains what to use it for, now I know. Pocket poems ( and songs) :D

Our children love 2 little dicky birds, which would be easy to make too :D:D

Peggy

Thanks for the ideas, I have a large cloth hanger

Hi Peggy

Could you tell me where you got your hanger from please?

We need some for nursery for name pockets.

Rosetta

Thanks for the ideas, I have a large cloth hanger with 12 pockets which I was racking my brains what to use it for, now I know. Pocket poems ( and songs) :D

Our children love 2 little dicky birds, which would be easy to make too :D:D

Peggy

Think its puppets by post do a reasonably priced 2 little dicky birds :-/

On the old forum at Under 5's there was a chat about singing sacks and singing cubes, which i can only vaguely remember. Can anyone give me more ideas for things to put in the sacks for each rhyme- because i can't remember i.e. red bus foir wheels on bus, teapot for i'm a little teapot etc.

Cheers

http://under5s.co.uk/SingingSack.htm#singing%20sack

Hi Rosetta, Hand made I'm afraid, so you'll have to get the old sewing machine out or......... many £1 shops do pocket hangers ( used for shoes) which could be used. Some are material and others are plastic, see-through pockets.

Happy hunting. :D

Marion, Thanks for the links (again :D )

Peggy

We have a songs and rhymes box. We put props for familiar songs and rhymes in the box, such as a bus, a spider, a fish etc. (all self explanatory). The box has a lid with a hole cut in the top. Either a member of staff or a child puts their hand in and chooses a prop and the children have to think of a song or rhyme.

Linda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)