Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Many Members!

Has anyone else noticed how many members there are on this forum!!!! :o

5,669 !!!

When you check the Forum index and scroll to the newest member thery're is always a new one,

WOWAWEE isn't the internet amazing, so many people exchanging ideas and crossing paths, also I have just read a blog for the first time (it was your's Rea's) that was really good, might try that myself, like a type of therapy, I love reading about other people's live's makes you empathise and feel normal - whatever that is, xD also it allows you to let of steam :)

- that's better, just thinking aloud! :D

Edited by Guest

Hi shirel,

Don't be misled by the member total - there are a lot, it's true, but not all are full members or even particularly active! However, those of us that are more than make up for those that aren't!! :o

Keep posting, maybe I'll catch you in chat sometime? Had an interesting chat with a new member, fairynuff, last night!

Sue

I actually joined in 2003 (not full member) and forgot I was a member and somehow managed to rejoin on another name last year (full member)and it was only when Steve reminded me I realised so for a while I was 2 members on my own xD:( Think Ive managed to make up for my inactive years :o

Hi Shirel -

As Sue says, the number is a bit misleading. It currently adds up the total number of members who have registered since we began in 2003 (if you look at my details on the left you can see exactly when we began as I'm member number 1... :o ).

So this includes people who registered but then didn't subscribe as well as some people who registered every time they forgot their username (back in the old days before we introduced the subscription fee). Where occasionally people ask me to delete their account (they may just have left early years, or perhaps find my newsletters irritatingly cheerful) these are subtracted from the total number.

I will at some stage try to prune out members who haven't visited for a year or so, and this will give a more realistic figure. Roughly, we have around 2000 members who are subscribed via individual subscription or through their LA membership at any one time. So you're still talking to a lot of people! :)

Shame Sue, I was in the mood for a chat too :) I will try the chat room again later me thinks. Ahha so there are two fairynoughs but with different spellings :)

I keep missing everyone! Occasionally notice someone in there (very occasionally) but by the time I get there theyve left. Should I change my deodorant? :o:(

No, I must be wearing the same kind as you. xD

Peggy