Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Threshold

I have just checked the threshold website and have realised that it has to be completed by 31st August if you are doing it this year! I wondered if anyone can offer me any advice or examples of what they included in the boxes? Anyone willing to share this information will really help me out. I have been teaching for 6 years and have taught in Year One and Reception. I have had 2 successful OfSTEDS too. Would appreciate any help at all. Thanks in anticipation.

Jo :)

There should be some guidance there, isnt there?

I did mine in the first round so may not be valid now, I know quite a bit has changed over the years. But you need to think about what you do in your classroom and blow your own trumpet, quite loudly! Make sure anything you say can be validated with evidence. Use your ofsted inspections as proof and PM.

Good luck.

If you do a search under 'threshold' you should find a recent discussion about it on here. It has links to the website where you can complete the form online or print off and fill in. It also has links to guidance so it tells you exactly what sort of things you should be putting in it (very long document so you'll need to find the right section).

I filled mine in and gave it to my head in the first week of the holidays. she looked through it with me and then had to add her own comments and a covering letter. My head is great and was quite happy to put me through without actually seeing evidence because she said she knew what I could do and where to find it. If your head is the same then great but if not you'll need to provide evidence to back up what you're saying, e.g. planning, action plans for your subject.

The form is ok but quite repetitive. Most my friends said they did it quickly but it seemed to take quite a while to me so I'd get started soon because it'll have to go through your head and still make the deadline.

good luck

kelly x

Edited by Guest

Its a few years since I applied but info I found useful was that you could use same evidence to cover more than one point on form. By the way...what do you have to do to move to next threshold level? How many years after 1st application does it have to be and what extra things are you expected to be doing..if any?

I think you have to get your head teacher to sign and add comments, will you be able to get this done by end of August? Look for evidence in the school PANDA report or Ofsted report. Does your local authority have anything you can use. Have you kept thank you cards from children and parents. Do you take photographs of displays and activities to use as evidence.

By the way...what do you have to do to move to next threshold level? How many years after 1st application does it have to be and what extra things are you expected to be doing..if any?

As far as I know you are eligible for UPS2 after 3 years on UPS1 - so I guess you would apply for the next level in your third year on UPS1. Have you looked on Teachernet.gv.uk?

I think its every second year, you need 2 successful performance management reviews and the magic words " substantial and sustained" contribution. It should be reasonably automatic at subsequent stages but some heads do like a portfolio.

Good luck.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)