Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning For The Individual Child

We were picked up on our ofsted inspection for not showing on paper planning for the individual child- Does anyone have a copy of the form they use on how you show planning for the childs next steps and planning for the childs individual needs?

Does this make sense? Its been such a long day need to go to bed!

Grateful of any help x

Hi

We have an individual curriculum plan which is completed for each child will try to remember to download one from my work computer tommorow and send it through to you if it is any help. Michelle

We do it in several ways: children's initials on daily plans following up from evaluations: (i.e: "Promote M.C's interaction in a small group situation - to promote interaction with peers, turn-taking, communication etc", the prior session's evaulation may have mentioned that M.C finds it difficult to share, or is not communicating well with peers?) these can be post-it form or wrote on the the next session's plans -

individual records ticking off one aspect of the FS and therefore showing the next step on the list

on a planned activity to promote a certain aspect of development a child may be identified through observation as needing support in an area and this will be passed on to key worker who will follow up the appropriate promotion of development through a planned activity or adapting an activity which is wrote up and recorded on individual files.

Our recent Ofsted were pleased with this individual planning - any help.

Edited by Guest

I agree with Shirel's approach and we do it in a very similar way. Do you think they actually expected you to have individual plans for each child, or just that you need to make the planning you already do more individualised (is that a word?!). Basically I mean that, like Shirel, we make reference to individual children on our daily plans and on assessment ticklists etc. We also add the children's ideas onto them.

We make sure observations are fedback and discussed in planning meetings so that any issues can be addressed, i.e. put into the next day's planning. As well as own profile records etc, we just have a board in the room where we can add quick notes etc ready to put into planning for the next day. I think this is enough but not sure now! :o

Edited by Guest

We have an individual play plan for each child which is updated half termly, each child has one goal for every area of the curriculum, 6 goals in total and then we plan into the curriculum activities that will promote learning of these goals and cross reference them in the planning back to the childs playplan so that every child is incorporated as an individual. A lot of work, but useful when parents ask what their child is learning and a good starting point for parents evenings. I feel we also get to know each child extremely well through this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)