Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Indoor And Outdoor Shoes Policy

Hi everyone.

I was wondering whether anyone could help me.

I need to write an indoor shoe policy and am not sure where to begin. It seems to me that really it only needs to be a sentance or two long, but obviously this isn't enough for a whole ploicy.

I work in a private day nursery and we are currently working our way through the NDNA quality counts accreditation.

Any suggestions for this would be great. Thank you.

Becky x

We have many policies as does every one!! but we don't have one of these. If I was given this task I would extend on what we would consider as suitable for both areas. I would explain the reasons why, shoes should be clearly named, you could cross referance with other policies like health and saftey or something!!

Hi. You could also include about outdoor shoes being banned from baby rooms (obviously if you have them). I agree with everything Lesley suggested but maybe you could talk about suitable shoes for the time of year eg wellies!

If this is for the child then I would put it in your policy that covers your admissions and the suitable clothing that children should wear. If its staff again put it in the staff policy. that ay you don't have dozens of policies for different things. there's enough of them as it is.

We added no shoes in the baby room, that all children and staff have to wear slippers and that for health and safety reasons all footwear are not open toe and must have backs to them this applies to both adults and children. x jojom x

I would also add about chidlren coming to nursery in suitable clothes and shoes for physical outdoor play

long dresses and sandals can be dangerous

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)