Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interviewing Tommorow

HI

Tommorow and Friday i am interviewing (for the first time) for a senior nursery officer and a nursery assistant... i don't know who is going to be more nervous, the candidates or me LOL

wish me luck

Dawn

remember some people can talk the talk but not walk the walk.

Go for an all round candidate, some people who do fantastic interviews are not always the best candidate. remember to trust your own judgement.

good luck

I am sure after tomorrow, this will be yet another bow in your bonnett. Good luck, you will be just fine. :D

let us know how it all goes, and I hope you find who you are looking for- on that note, if none of the candidates are exactly what you want don't compromise, go over the procedure again until you are certain you have the right person for the job. ( believe me, I learnt that mistake the hard way :o )

Peggy

well,

how much time does it take to interview hee hee,

it went okay, but we only had three candidates today, and it took most of the day to interview, discuss the interview and get office semi organised for tommorow, what madness :o and so mentally tiring actually.

I decided i hate to think that its me that has to make a decision about these people, today we saw three, one i really liked, she did a great interview but my deputy didn't like her ' felt she came across as too confident'. the other candidate my deputy thought was great but i was unsure, very quite, not appearing enthused about the job / nursery environment (which the other candidate was) hmmmm we have interviews tommorow but we think we will shortlist one from today anyhow, and im hoping that it will be the candidate i liked....

we are thinking of asking shortlisted candidates to come and work an hour in the room, is that acceptable, and indeed useful do you think?

Dawn

Hi

This is what i did when we did interviews. I asked candidates back to spend a whole morning in the early years environment. They came in at 9.30am and stayed till 12. It was a very useful thing to do as it allowed me to observe how they interacted with the children and other staff. I then followed this with an informal interview with myself afterwards.

Good luck with it all

we always get our interviewes in to see how they interact with the children and if the children like them, you will be amazed about how much you can find out from a person in this situation. good luck with your decision. :D

WORD OF WARNING - I asked candidates to "come and play" and one of the things I discovered ( as did all the other staff & children) was who wore thongs :oxD:(

Peggy

hee hee LOL,

yes we found that at our last place :(

We have now finished interviewing and have got our candidates now. We have promoted a member of staff into the senior nursery officer position, she is very good and both myself and the deputy are happy with giving her the position.

We have then got one outside candidate to take the full time nursery assistant job, and then a long term student we have has been taken on as part time nursery assistant.... so things are a little more sorted.

feel a but better now staffing is falling in place

Dawn

WORD OF WARNING - I asked candidates to "come and play" and one of the things I discovered ( as did all the other staff & children) was who wore thongs :oxD:(

Peggy