Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Visiting Other Settings

Marion

I know there is a topic in the dedicated nursery area for this but nothing for those of us in FSUs or in the process of setting up FSUs and thought it would be a good ideaif we had something similar .............what do other people think?

We get lots of visitors to our unit (only our first year as a full FSU previously an EYU) As there are very few FSUs up and running in the county we are limited to visiting schools not much further along the line than us but would love to look at longer established Units to see how we can progress. Our head is very happy for us to visit other schools and for other schools to visit us.

Anyone interested?

Hi Marion,

You are very welcome to visit our unit, which is entering its 3rd year. However, in some ways you sound as though you're actually further along then us as we have had a lot of disruption and I am constantly changing things. This is mainly due to the large number of children and staff that we have.

I work at Chilton Primary School in Chilton, Ferryhill, County Durham and anyone is welcome! Just ask to speak to Caroline Glasper or the head Dave Wallace and I will get back to you.

Caroline

p.s Not sure if you know but Julia Graham recently set up some FSU network meetings and the first ones took place last term.

Youre right next to me Caroline I live in Kirk Merrington so would be great to visit. Thanks for the offer I will get back to you.

Yes I saw the meetings but we have been deep in refurbishment and Extended schools stuff so couldnt attend hope to make some future ones.

Hi Marion,

Yes if you get the chance go along to those FSU meetings, they are very useful!

I visited a unit at Consett, Moorside Primary School, well worth a look, they have a recently built childrens centre attached.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)