Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery Displays

Hi,

I am moving to Nursery after working in Reception for the last few years. Am getting the classroom ready and could do with some more ideas of displays to fill some of the wall space. Obviously will want lots of children's work up in the first few weeks, but trying to make the walls a bit brighter before they start.

Have got a Birthday, colour, shape and number freize display but could do with some other ideas. Thanks.

Guest tinkerbell

If i had room I wuold have a 'nature table' or a season table.You could put up pictures and start it off and the children will bring in things they have found on the way etc

Tinkerbellx

I always start wirh one and then other things take up the space :o

hi,

I'm going to be in a nursery from September. I am really excited as it is my first post. I have set up a childrens art gallery for their pictures. I am going to put up a height chart. I am also going to set up a area to put their favourite things on and will put some of my favourite things on there to begin with. I also have the birthday board, colours,number and alphabet freize. I have also used a board to put their names on with velcro so they find their names and move it around the board.

I got some A4 sized, sticky backed safety mirrors, very reasonable price. I stuck a row of 4 on the wall where the role play is set up, I often find the children just looking at themselves, making faces at themselves, even when not engaged in any particular role play. :D:D

The company also do convex and concave smaller mirrors ( sticky back). I can't remember the company at the moment, but I'm sure I posted their details in the forum in the past. (maybe do a search for 'mirrors').

If your interested but can't find them, let me know and I'll have a more thorough look.

Peggy

What a great idea to put mirrors in the role play area! How often do we send a dressed up child to look in the mirror in the bathroom area?! Should have thought of it myself!! Thanks Peggy!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)