Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Brilliant Day!

Hello Everyone!

I am really full of the joys today, which makes a nice change! It's strange writing happy posts when things have been quite difficult lately!

Went for the dreaded weigh in yesterday evening. Had cheated all weekend with mexican, chinese and bbq dinners and was amazed to find that I'd lost 2 pounds last week. I am so pleased and it is noticing too! Got 4 and a half pounds to lose before I get my 1 stone award, so feeling very chuffed!

Funding for Uni is sorted thanks to wonderful other half! And finally... Certificates are in the post! Wow, after nearly a year working without them, I have passed the dreaded key skills maths exam with 75% so my training providers are sending them out to me, which is a relief as a recent letter from uni said I would need them to enrol.

I now have a start date for my new job, although there may be a few hiccups with childcare, they can only allocate 2 afternoons to Natalie, so I'm going to have to juggle it a bit, but I don't care! I start in September and I am very excited!

On a slightly sadder note, today was the last day in my managers job and although I'm sad to be going, I'm really excited about everything else, so it's not getting to me as much as I thought. I'm kind of glad to be going back to 'normal', giving myself time to do the FD and just develop my skills a bit more before launching into a role which is slightly more than I can handle.

Feeling very, very happy today and wanted to share it all with my forum friends!! :D:D:D

glad you had a great day good luck with FGd ypou will love it. :D

My daughter left primary school today amidst tears at leavers assembly :o , end of an era for me, quite sad but exiting as well...at least got 6 weeks of hols to look forward to..... :D

I'm so glad to hear everything is working out for you Clare, you deserve it. Thanks for sharing, it's always uplifting to hear good news. :D

Peggy

Well done Clare, you and me both have had good days, role on September when we can support each other :D

you'll be a month ahead of me Shirel, so I'll be sure to ask for help in those delicate first weeks!

Officially my course starts in October, September is 'getting-to-know-you-type induction week!!

So don't worry Clare we will start together :)

I am going to try to read a few novels this summer whilst I have a chance to read something other than child development text books!! :)