Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Curriculum

Guest tinkerbell

Guest tinkerbell

Does anyone have a policy or something written on using the outdoors in all areas of the curriculum?

We have a wonderful field and last year started veggie patches for the 4 classes.The head has just retired and has given us a brilliant outdoor climbing wall,wood chip path underneath which leads ito the vegggie patch so I want to enthuse the staff to get out and use these facilities.

Anyone?

Tinkerbellx

Climbing wall? For the children? With wood chip as a safety surface?

If so, please be careful, my sone badly broke his arem falling off a swing when he was 5 and landing in the hole created by other users---which was only evident from close up! It was raked smooth every morning but we were there at the end of the day.

Guest tinkerbell

Thanks Marion for that.

Susan the climbing wall is on an existing wall,we have added hand holds.Everything complies with health and safety regulations and i have given the children a talk about safety and turn taking etc.In fact the climbing frame is higher than the wall and they all have been ok on that.

Tinkerbellx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)