Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Areas Do You Have In Your Classrooms?

as the title says really! how many separate areas do you have in your classrooms and what are they? and do you keep them throughout the year or change them?

thanks

Jo

We keep our indoor areas all year. We have a writing area, book corner, listening area, large mark making area, malleable area, fine motor area, role play, performance area, music, interactive white board and pc, block play area, construction area, lightbox, investigation area, number/shape/space/measure, DT area, small world area, creative area water and wet and dry sand areas indoors (think thats it :o ) outdoors we are currently developing areas for all 6 areas of the curriculum but have 2 sand pits a quiet/sensory area, the usual wheeled toys, tyres, climbing -bouncing fixed toys and PE equipment (stilts, balls, beanbags, ropes, hoops etc) white board , paint easels, noise making area, and have crates for role play and mark making etc

Guest tinkerbell

I have a small classroom so my areas do have to alternate eg wet sand or dry sand.My creative table is the place for painting or dough or junk modelling etc, maths,mark making,computers,large construction,role play, book area all stay the same.The interactive whiteboard and computer bench (3 computers) tend to set the room and sinks down one side so very little room for manouver.We go outside through another class so it isnt free flow but have blackboards,wheeled stuff,water, sand or soil.a wendy house and clothes rail,mirror which they love,tent,table carpets etc.

Tinkerbellx

im a montessori teacher so my environment is always changing whats in the room depends on the needs and interests of the individual child we have a seperate computer area and an outdoor classroom area. we dont have any role play available and i often worry that i am failing to meet the childrens needs in this area x jojom x

We have a role play area, creative area/messy area including sand and writing table/mark making table, a maths area, carpet area for int. whiteboard/construction/floor space play with a small corner table there for listening tape, a low small world table area, a 'quiet' area, incorporating book corner, investigating area, bear factory bear area, puzzles-may not be so quiet now I've just written what is there! We also have a line of 3 PCs.

Edited by Guest

Just found some notes from a recent course with a list of essential areas for independent learning if you havent got space for everything (who has?)

Role Play

Art /creative area

Reading area

Construction area

Writing area

Investigation area

ICT area

Board games

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)