Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Need To Do Staff Meeting On Ofsted

HI

on wednesday i need to do a staff meeting on ofsted and what may be expected from an inspection (we know we will have one soon as i have recently been apointed manager and i believe they visit settings that have such a big staff change)... anyway.. for my interview i did an ofsted presentation and it covered the national standards, what the inspector would be looking for and the SEF.

all very relevant but i don't want to just sit and preach at the staff i want to make it interetsing (if possible) and also want to try and gain staff's understanding of ofsted as well.

so how do i make sure the staff are informed of what to expect without boring them to tears?

Dawn

At a recent staff meeting we covered this, but in a 'Who wants to be a Millionaire' format. Staff were grouped into teams and each team had the various 'lives' - ask the audience, phone a friend, etc. Questions were asked on Ofsted, National Standards, Every Child Matters, etc and with each correct answer the team had a dip in the 'goodie bag' - a selection of snack size bars. Poor teeth!! :o It was great fun and everyone said they felt they had learnt something

Sue

What a great idea Sue, I'll have to remember that one.

Dawn, Have any of the staff been through an Ofsted at your setting? Maybe ask them to get involved. as a starter, you will all need to look at the recommendations / actions from the last inspection.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)