Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq4 - Ccld

Hi,

Finally going to do it - NVQ4 - CCLD

Bit worried as haven't done any coursework since doing my BTEC 13yrs ago and on top of all pre school work.

How is the work load, does it take over your life and what is the average time it takes to complete this course.

and does anybody know what other job opportunities does this open up.

Net x

Don't no about career opportunities but want to wish you all the best with your decision, good luck- the forum will support you and listen to your worries and your comments at least you can rely on that. :)

Thanx Shirel,

It is nice to know that support is out there. Last time I studied it was at school or college whan a tutor was on hand at all times if you needed any help.

Net x

hi net

I started the nvq4 CLLD back in november not having studied for 7 years since the Preschool Diploma. I must say it was a bit of a shock - mainly because I was not use to the NVQ format. We are the pilot scheme in my area so there is no support from other students.

I also found that unlike the NVQ 2 and 3, reference books specific for the course, are not available. Now half way through I am loving it and the knowledge I am gaining has made a big difference to my outlook within the nursery and enabled me to implement huge changes with confidence.

The work load is quite heavy and I do have to be very organised and delegate, which has had a rewarding effect with everyone working together a lot more.

We attend college one day a week and our assessor visits the nursery regularly.

The reason I took the course was to keep up with the staff - a few are taking early years degrees - and to maybe go towards preparing myself for the Early Years Practitioner role in the near future.

It would be great to be able to discuss the course with someone

Good Luck

Well done to you.

I have been told it is all work based, so no college support. I was given a tick list to see if I was eligable for the course. Luckily everything that was asked I can do and do do on a regular basis. Even though I am a manager of a committee run pre school, my committe are in name only and I do all aspects of running the pre school. Saying that the financial side was too much as well as everything else so have now employed a finance officer and an administrator so I can spend at least 5 mins with the children.

Not great news on book availability. How do you find out the information.

Net x

:o:D

Hi Net

Books I have used so far are below:

'Early Years Management in Practice' by Daly M, et al and

*'Advanced Early Years Care and Education, for levels 4 and 5' by MacLeod-Brudenell

I also have:

'How children learn' by Linda Pound

'Planning Play and the Early Years' by Penny Tassoni and Karen Hucker

and a 'biggie' 'Psychology- The Science of Mind and Behaviour' by Richard Gross.

I am always on the look out for more and find the internet a great source of info.

Julie (a deputy)

Thanks so much for that julie. Heres hoping that they accept my application and from sept I am on my way to bigger and better things. Either that or having no life and living with my nose in books.

Net x

:o:DxD:D

• 5 weeks later...

WOOHOO,

Been accepted on the NVQ4 course. Feel quite apprehensive though.

No doubt will be spending an even longer time on this site now.

My husband will be so pleased.

Net x

:D:D:D:D

Hi,

My lows may be on the way. I have to attend an NVQ 4 awareness day on friday the 8th and i can't. I did explain this to the assessor and she said no problem. I have now spoken to the course administrator who has said this is a problem and I could be removed form the course.

I am unable to break my prior engagment, which has been arranged for 4 months.

Ah well, whatever will be.

Thank you all for your good wishes.

Net xx

:oxD:(

Starting the NVQ 4 CCLD in North Tyneside on Sept 14th. Is there anybody out there that is going as well? Looking forward to it but bit apprehensive as to workload and people support but I know the forum is here -just be nice to make contact with people in local area.I was torn between nvq and the Foundation Degree at college I just hope I have chosen the correct career path

Sorry to hear that Net, I think it's inevitable that one day your up and next day someone pees on your bonfire so to speak, :o it will probably work out ok, there are always hiccups, I have had several, my most recent being the Uni are 'considering' my starting the FD as I haven't had my NVQ3 certificate through, I am sure it is all done to stress you out! :(

Obviously I have done the course and there is no fail just completion which my college have confirmed in writing, but I think they will string it out to stress me out, :( after all the certificate is only confirmation/a piece of paper, it's down to City and Guilds, not me!!

Sorry wanted to rant, xD

sorry Net best of luck with your dilemma. :)

Hope you get things sorted and this is just a hiccup, NVQ awareness ???!!! portfolio's, jargon, units, criteria, observation, assessments, knowledge and skills, timetable of support / training days, practical experience, work placement.......nothing you don't know already or can find out in a few handouts. :o

Good luck

Peggy

• 3 weeks later...

WOOHOO

Had a phone call from one of the assessors on the course who asked me to come in for an interview yesterday.

There are 26 candidates for a 10 place course and I got on.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Saying that, have been given an assignment to look at and get started on. Lost by the jargon already.

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Net xx

:D:D:D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. I too am just about to start my NVQ4 in CCLD. Do not know wether to look forward to it or not. And now I have read all your posts I really am quite worried that it will all be too much.Good luck with yours Net, we sound as if we're in the same boat. I am sure it will become clearer as we progress. All new things are a bit scary untill u get used to it. Well thats what I keep telling myself, it will be O.K.(honest!) :o

Byeee

• 3 months later...

Hi. I am starting too end of Jan. I'm also a bit worried about the workload as I am working full time, am a single mum and care for my mum part time.. Err hope I can fit it all in

:D

Good luck to the others that are starting.. Hope we can all be here to support each other. :)

• 2 months later...
:o I have one candidate and struggle to fit that in with everything else! Do you have to have 12? That sounds like a really unreasonable number to ask you to assess, unless you were working on it full time. Hope you can get it all sorted. :)

• 4 weeks later...

:o I am an NVQ assessor of the new CCLD level 4 aswell as assessing the CCLD 2 and 3, so if anyone wants any help you only have to ask. I wish you all luck with your new starts and can only say it gets easier as you go on. Planning your observations is the key, trying to cover a bulk in one visit is the answer and then using your knowledge (which you all have) to write up anything else or do professional discussions with your assessors.

Good luck to you all xx

• 2 months later...

hey there all ive just to do my NVQ4 (CCLD) BUT IM ONLY IN A SENIOR NURSERY NURSE

job i feel that this is so hard and that i need 2 be in a mangeral role to do this. Got my assessor coimg out on the 15th 2 access me dont know where to start. If anybody has goot ne ideas of how i could start PLEASE let me know.

My staff are being supportive yet it is really difficult x :o

:o I am an NVQ assessor of the new CCLD level 4 aswell as assessing the CCLD 2 and 3, so if anyone wants any help you only have to ask. I wish you all luck with your new starts and can only say it gets easier as you go on. Planning your observations is the key, trying to cover a bulk in one visit is the answer and then using your knowledge (which you all have) to write up anything else or do professional discussions with your assessors.

Good luck to you all xx

Can you help one of my staff please. The question is "Explain how your policies and procedures enable you to meet the five outcomes and relevant legislation."

Does she have to explain how we meet the standards with each individual outcome explaining our procedures or is just a single statement to cover all the outcomes required. Any help gratefully appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
Can you help one of my staff please. The question is "Explain how your policies and procedures enable you to meet the five outcomes and relevant legislation."

Does she have to explain how we meet the standards with each individual outcome explaining our procedures or is just a single statement to cover all the outcomes required. Any help gratefully appreciated.

For Level 4 the answers should be very thorough and show your competence, so I would expect the answer to be for each individual outcome. Good luck with it :o

hi, am also doing a NVQ4, it is hard, But lately there seems to be more jobs requiring level 4 instead of 3 so i think things are moving ahead with recogniton of this course. We seem to have to keep moving on It used to be the Diploma now NVQ 4 oh well keep up the good work.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)