Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ict

We have plenty of software and our ICT coordinator has asked if we would like some more 'ICT stuff' for nursery. We have Bee-bots, pixie and roamers to share with school but might like something else to explore and investigate. We also have a light box already. I'd preferably like something that children can use independently. Any ideas anyone?

Have a great holiday (if you are having one) :o

Our nursery and reception children use BeeBot independnetly creating mazes from blocks for Beebot to navigate is a favourite!!!

A stury digital camera which they can learn to use would be great (Mavicas are good as each child could have their own disc to select from to use once familiar with operating- at the moment I let children use my old digital camera and some children have become excellent photographers in recording what they find interesting- we then copy to a laptop and display on whiteboard with the photographers talking through their choices. Blue digital movie makers are also easy to use and the digital microscope again attached to a whiteboard for maximum impact or on the class pc. During a topic on minibeats children were fascinated by watching a slug mgnified on the telescope but be aware of saftey for the slug!! Perhaps a hand held recorder for sounds or story telling could be useful. Children can record sounds around the setting inside and outside and play back greta for sound trails.

Lisa

What about some stuff for the role play, washing machine, hoover, toaster etc. The TTS Early steps catalogue has some fab resources :)

We have just invested in some of the digi blue video cameras and the children love them. Plus they are so easy to use

Each NEG funded setting in my area was given the choice of a digi blue video or a digital camera by Early Years free

We had the digi blue as you say the children love it and staff find it useful

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)