Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Btec Hnc In Advanced Practice In Work With Children And Families (leve

Hi, I have been accepted to begin the BA (hons) Early Years Education (part time) in September. I am a mature student with 2 children and work hard (as we all do) at a preschool.

The Degree will take me 4 years to complete, cost a fortune and I will also have to put my 2 young children in after school club while im at uni.

I have just found out that the local college will be running the newly revised BTEC HNC in Advanced Practice in work with Children and Families (Education) (Level 5). This will take 2 years, one evening a week and cost less - you can also top up to degree (apparently?) with just one year degree graft.

What do you think - I really think the HNC sounds fab, the units covered are really good EYFS based and if I decide it imposes too much on my family then I don't have to top up to degree (would like to be able).

Anyway ..... help - advice - anything is anyone, has anyone done/doing/going to do the HNC level 5

:o

I'm looking to do it in September. I think I have been a Mature student all my life :o Our LEA is funding it so look into the funding as if I remember right some where the government did say that funding was available for early years to bring people up to the foundation Degree level. will let you know if I ever get around to it. xD

yeah, its the transformation fund, but theyre may be some restrictions as I work in sessional care (shut out of the good stuff again). I'm gonna apply though :)

• 5 months later...

Received the funding and started the course in September. Absolutely loving it.

First four essays in and presentation to the group over... Distinctions in all essays.... Fantastic, a great alternative to the Foundation Degree that is not available in my home town. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)