Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Threshold

Hi thanks to everyone for the OFSTED help the other week. It went ok but feel a bit depressed by it all.

Anyway one more thing to do before i break up is hand in my Threshold application. i have been on M6 for 1 year now but my head seems to think you need to be on it for 2! befre you can apply. The union line is shut now so i was just wondering if anyone knew?

:) I too am on M6 since September 05, as far as I am aware that means I can apply this year. The application has to be in by 31st of August. Sorry to hijack your thread but if anyone has any advice to offer for filling in the form it would be very welcome. :)

Looks to me as if you have been on M6 since September 2005 you can apply and if successful will be paid on UPS1 from September 2006. There is also a cohort of teachers who if paid on M6 for longer than this can apply now and have pay backdated to September 2005.

So if regulations have changed perhaps your head is not up to speed?

I applied in the first round and although successful found the whole process very demoralising. Things may have changed evidence wise too in the intervening years but dont cite anything you cant prove.

Good luck.

Guidelines here.

Yep, I got threshold after one year on M6. The nice thing now is that they don't use external verifiers, which means that the whole process is less daunting. My only tips are: be succinct and cross reference to the same evidence where applicable to reduce the amount of paperwork in your evidence file :D

Good luck, it's all worth it in the end.