Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help

hi all,

please, i need your help cos my mind has got blank.

i have an interview next tuesday, not only is it all day, but i have been asked to bring some resources to show what i like to do with the children and then to talk about what they are learning etc.

as i want to make a great impression, i need something great, not just your basic continuios play stuff.

any help please!!!!!!!!!!!!

look forward to your replies.

A story sack might be a good thing, especially if you've made it yourself, as it shows you're resourceful. Even better if you can tell the story without having to refer to the book, so you can gain lots of eye contact, etc.

I agree with Shelley1,

or a nice idea is a 'song' apron. make an apron with 4/6 pockets, ( or shoe boxes) inside each pocket ( box) have an object, puppet or picture representing a song or rhyme. With children you don't know, you would have to gauge whether they can either sing the song as a group, or you can introduce the song, or if they are more confident a child could sing the song solo to the group.

My children really enjoy our 'didgeridoo', so another idea would be to introduce an unuaual instrument that they may not have experienced before.

Good luck, do what you feel most comfortable with, this is what will enable the 'wow' factor, rather than something that is too new to you.

Peggy

Hi Ruthie, is this in a school?

What is your favourite activity?

In this sort of senario I think Id be looking for some simple but which covers lots of possibilities like dough---which could cover all 6 curriculum areas depending on your emhasis and what you do with it.

Good luck.

its in a pupil refferal unit working with behaviour support, trouble is, give me a group of children and i can have them learning just about anything, but think i might have to do this activiy to a group of adults, so not sure how that will go.

i have to say the why's and whats of the activity and the learning intentions, think that will be fine once ive decided on an activity.

i do like art & craft and music and was thinking along those lines.