Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

End Of Year Assembly

Hi me again calling upon your expert knowledge! I teach reception and next thursday we have to do a class assembly to the whole of KS1 and our children's parents!! our topic is change but I wanted to link it in some how to a celebration of the year and looking forward to our new school year? I was thinking of showing photos on whiteboard of how we have changed and what we have learnt but was wondering if any1 has already done an assembly at end of term who has any ideas - my mind is blank - normally wouldn't mind but parents are watching!! :o

Thanks

Kat x

I saw a post on the forum that was fantastic more to do with displays but could be adapted for a photo slide show. The theme was "investors in Children" the idea given for the display was to photograph the children at an activity then matching it to a profession for example child painting-famous artist, child playing football-famous footballer. something along the lines of "stars of today, Heroes of tomorrow" Sorry for however I stole the idea form but it was stolen with PRIDE.

We usually do out assembly at the end of the year and do Our first Year at school. We just pull out songs and things we've learned throughout the year - accompany with acting, photos, paintings or whatever comes to hand - and you've got time to do.

We do things like - the alphabet song, counting in 10s to 100, counting in twos, child being the teacher and asking children to spell various words - really depends on your children.

We also do topic work and so choose one or two things we've learned from each topic.

With reception, it doesn't really matter what you do, because the parents will be so busy drying their eyes and feeling proud :D

Hope it goes well,

Harricroft

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)