Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Environment Week

Making animals with clay/playdough and found objects, such as leaves, twigs, etc.,

Creating pictures on the ground with found objects (in the style of Andy Goldsworthy)

Making vegetable dyes and tie-dyeing fabrics (I did this with Recpetion last year and it worked very well)

Using recycled materials for junk modelling

Using photosensitive paper to take prints of leaves/petals etc

Taking rubbings of natural materials

Weaving in fences

Making wind chimes

Making sun catchers

Any good?

Edited by Guest

Hi there,

Really interested to hear that you are doing an environment week -good luck to you!!.

Just one idea to share with you as we have just finished our recycling topic in Reception this week. I am sure that YR1 would love this idea too.

I asked the children to make collages from 'rubbish'. We did this in two phases but you could either choose to do the individual or the group idea depending upon the constraints of time, staff resources etc.

We made a class picture on a huge piece of cardboard to make a standing display. I provided the children with a box of junk, newspaper,boxes, polystyrene shapey things used in packaging, wrapping paper, egg boxes etc. etc. We used PVA glue coloured with flourescent paint to stick the rubbish on to the card and I provided scissors for them to cut the rubbish to the shapes they wanted -and I left the children to it!! The creativity was amazing! The children ,made snowmen,people, flowers, robots dinosaurs etc...

Following on from this the table was set up for the children to have another go at making thier own individual colages

It was so fantastic and the head of FS was so impressed that she wanted to have it on show for the new parents evening-

Good luck Betty Boo. :o

HI, I've attached the plans I used for our Recycling Week (foundation stage) but you may be able to adapt some of the ideas.:)

1st_week_of_May_Floor_Plan.doc

Weekly_Plan_1st_May_elg__s.doc

HI, I've attached the plans I used for our Recycling Week (foundation stage) but you may be able to adapt some of the ideas.:)

Carla Booth

1st_week_of_May_Floor_Plan.doc

Weekly_Plan_1st_May_elg__s.doc

Carla Booth

ideas_for_plan.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)