Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Music

Hello

Can anyone help. We are having a whole school theme week this week focused around music. We are going to be looking at all different types of music. Can anyone give me any fab ideas. I teach in Reception so it has to be quite basic. I have thought about making instruments for CD and acting out stories using instruments for CLL. Has anyone any ideas?

:) Thanks

Hi Marion

Do you have the details of the workshop, sounds fab, and the willow tree artist you had visit?

Thanks as ever

Becky

Hello

Can anyone help. We are having a whole school theme week this week focused around music. We are going to be looking at all different types of music. Can anyone give me any fab ideas. I teach in Reception so it has to be quite basic. I have thought about making instruments for CD and acting out stories using instruments for CLL. Has anyone any ideas?

:) Thanks

Nice ideas, My preschool children ( even 2 yr olds) love the didgeredoo. Making noises through it and feeling the noise vibrations on their faces / tummies, guaranteed lots of giggles. :D

The children look around the setting for objects that can be blown through, and make their own tubes from 'junk' modelling media. I want to introduce comb and paper, and kazoo's, now you've reminded me. :o

Sorry not much help re: ideas, but just wanted to share the way children can easily adapt everyday objects to make musical sounds. Being Reception, this might be an idea to follow, to also inspire parents to see what items they have at home that they can bring in for 'adaption', you could create an ' Orchestra of recycled Instruments' :)

Have fun.

Peggy

The Three Singing Pigs (Kaye Umansky) is great for telling traditional stories through music.

Have you made a musical washing line? (see the "Growing schools" website)

We sometimes get the children to create their own music by dividing the class into small groups. Each group has to choose one sound to make/play (a diffeerent sound for each group) and one child then acts as the conductor. The children can only make their sound when the conductor points to their group. It works really well (especially after a teacher demonstration!) and is great to tape and play back.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)