Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Yummy Mummy!

Yet again, I have been dormant for a while!! xD

Actually, not at all dormant...but super busy juggling work and family life.

Going back to work part-time sounded like a dream when I was pregnant, but the reality was trying to squeeze a full-time job into part-time hours with part-time pay, whilst juggling family life.

Enough was enough, I felt that I couldn't offer the full committment needed in my job and I love being a mum so much that I handed my notice in and leave at the end of the summer term. It was a hard decision (as I love my job) but now I can't wait to finish and be with Thomas full time! I'm sure that so many of you can empathise and I feel so lucky that I can actually be a full time mum (even though money will be a little tight!).

I still hope to pop into the forum now & then & see how you are all doing!!! :o

Oh, by the way, amongst all of that I haven't actually totally given up all work, as I have set up a business with a friend called 'Doodle Bugs' which offers art & craft sessions to pre-school children. It is going really well and I'm really enjoying it. At least Thomas can be there too!!! Check out my website www.doodlebugs.co.uk just don't laugh to hard at my dodgy picture......I must find a better one!! :(

Take care everyone & keep up the hard work!

Shelley

xx

Bring on the Summer hols!! :(

Edited by Guest

Lucky you, :D but also glad you are keeping a few fingers in the early Years pie xD

Don't be a stranger will you. :o

I've put your web address in my favourites to have a look at later.

Peggy

Seen the site, what great fun, and good to see lots of dads too :D

Can I ask how many children do you have per session, do you have a limit?

Peggy

I'm glad to still be working with little ones...and really loving it!

Peggy, our maximum is 15 children plus carers per session (due to size of the room we use) & we are currently running 2 sessions on a Saturday morning.

I will most certainly be popping back in from time to time to pick all those wonderfully creative brains! :D

Good for you Shelley, this time goes so quick when they are small, enjoy it it is the best job in the world and the rewards are fantastic, I stayed at home with all mine, starting working at my nursery when my last child was 2yrs old, only when we could go together!!

So good to be there for those moments in time. :)

Well done Shelley-I have just looked at the website and the sessions look fab.

I stayed at home with mine-many years ago now when there wasn't any pressure on mums to go back to work. It is a hard decision to make these days but you have obviously decided it's the best one for both Thomas and yourself. Enjoy!

Linda

Thanks for all your good wishes! I promise to stay in touch! (And will let you know if there are any more patters of tiny feet!!!!!)

Enjoy the well-earned summer break everyone!