Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Optional Units

I going to do numeracy C25 mathematical skills and literacy C24 literacy skills for my optional units plus M8 plan, implement and evaluate routines for children. Are there any books I can buy to help with these units? College has finished now and I want to read up on the optional units and make a start once I have finished other units. Thanks

I did M8 and used the cross referencing that was suggested on another posting. My assessor was pleased with it and it was very quick to do. I also did MCI/C1 as it was a very quick unit to do (it took me two nights) and M6.

When I looked at C24/25 I thought they were very long and avoided them at all costs. There is enough work to do in the mandatory units without slogging yourself to death with the optionals too.

Good luck

Rae

Our optional units were chosen by the training providers. We had to do MCI/C1, M8 and C14. They were pretty good actually, MCI/C1 and C14 particularly because they were quite short. I agree with Rae, when you say that there is more than enough to do with the mandatory units without the added stress of completing long and difficult optional units. The smaller units were better too, stuck on after the mandatory section, as they didn't require hours of slogging! They were both pretty much common sense!

Good luck!

Hi,

I have just done C24 and C25 and I found them really nice units to do. Do you work in a school? I didn't when I started these, so I volunteered in my sons school one morning a week so that I could do these units. I covered alot with my assessor and by using diary notes and witness statements. Much of the KUS can be found in the National Literacy Strategy and National Numeracy Strategy, and also alot was within the schools policies and procedures. I now have a job as a TA, so was really glad that I took these units on! Are you in a school, as I was told that these could only be covered in a school? I also did M8, and as previously mentioned, much of it does cross reference with M7.

Hope this is helpful!

Selina

• 3 weeks later...

yes I'm in a school and would like to be a TA so that is why I've chosen these units. I have already covered some things during assessments so that was another reason why I chose these. I do think they seem quite long though and that was worrying me a bit. Thanks for all your help.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)