Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tracking Progress

Hello to you all,

I would like to know if anybody has heard of some kind of progress file that would be used for each child throughout the foundation stage -from nursery until they live reception- and which would include the stepping stones then moving on to the early learning goals. At the moment in our school our assesment system is not uniform and we end up doing the same assesment twice which result into a lot of paper work and wasted time. It would be nice to have one big file which would track the child progress instead of bits and pieces here and there.

In West Sussex each child has a Developmental Record which includes the stepping stones and ELGs. The preschools pass them on to the schools when the child leaves.

Anita

Hi Zouzou

I'm afraid the developmental record is produced by West Sussex and only available to all settings in the county. Does your county not produce anything similar?

Anita

We've made our own, basically each child has a ring binder with the ss and elgs --as per the curriculum guidance lay out -with a plastic wallet opposite for observations, post its etc.

Please don't anyone tell me this is not right as I will weep loudly and my computer will explode

B

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)