Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Organising Year 1 Work

Hi there

I was just thinking about the things I need to get ready for my new class in September :o

I have had just Reception this year and next Year I am going back to a mixed R/1 class.

What books, folders do you keep for each child's work? I used to have Literacy,Numeracy, Science and handwriting books along with a general folder for all the other subjects. However, I was just wondering about having one large book and calling it a topic book. We don't do worksheets so there aren't any of these to file!!!

Any thoughts would be very welcome please :)

In my R/1 class we had Literacy, numeracy (these weren't used much until after half term for my Y1s and after Christmas for my Rs) and then another topic book which had everything else in it! It made it easier, if only for marking and keeping track of everything!

I have Y1/R class and we ring bind all our topic related work into a topic book at the end of each term with a final evaluation page where the child, parents and I comment. Apart from that we have a writing book for general writing such as news and phonics work, a maths book(although a lot of the maths is topic related) and a handwriting book, children also have sketch books and a writing record book in which they do one piece of timed, unaided writing each term and this goes with them through the school. I've just realised this sounds like an awful lot of books!

Flossie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)