Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hmmm Fate?

HI all

Had a really bad day, which probably got a little worse by my manager asking me if i was applying for the managers job (as many of you know i applied for it and posted my letter monday), my letter has not been received (is it fate??????) and the closing date is tommorow..... i have the option of sending my letter over to the office tommorow afternoon with the lunches... but im not sure what to do ... seems a coincidence that my letter didn't arrive, yet my deputy managers letter did... and i have a feeling that the overall boss doesn't really like me a great deal.... (hmmmm remind me again why i aplied for the job)...

kind of having a down day, and really wondering why the hell my letter didn't make it to the office in time?

Dawn

Hmm, sounds fishy, I'd agree, Dawn!

I would casually drop it in your manager's hands at the first opportunity, saying something like 'You really can't trust the post, can you, these days?' (I can say that, my son-in-law is a post person!! - just waving my credentials, personal and pc :o ) but make sure it's in front of witnesses, with a sweet smile.

Sue

Hmm, sounds fishy, I'd agree, Dawn!

I would casually drop it in your manager's hands at the first opportunity, saying something like 'You really can't trust the post, can you, these days?' (I can say that, my son-in-law is a post person!! - just waving my credentials, personal and pc :o ) but make sure it's in front of witnesses, with a sweet smile.

Sue

HI sue,

yep its definatly a bit fishy, i wouldn't mind if it was travelling miles but it wasn't.... if i take it into work tommorow i will be unable to give it directly to the right person but i think as you say i can get people to witness that it is definatly sent over with the lunches....

however, i am understandibly feeling a bit perplexed (is that the right word????) (miffed off maybe xD )

maybe im just not meant to be applying for the managers job.

Dawn

Do you have no contact with the Powers That Be, then?

Good luck!

Sue

Nah, not really, kind of a bit stuffed i think..... im just so angry it went missing, i mean come on how often does post go missing nowaday's....

hopefully if it goes through work it should reach the owner in time.... fingers crossed hey!

Dawn

Good idea Sue

and remember they asked you before the closing day

Good Luck

Im applying for a job I'm already doing at school and its nerve racking when you're applying to people you know and know you

Jo

Hope you got your application in Dawn, because if you don't go for it you will probably be 'kicking yourself' for not trying when someone else is appointed! Sue & Posy made very good points so 'go for it girl' and good luck!

I agree, go for it. Your 'reservations' about why the letter went astray "How convenient" may be true, but then again they may not be. Brush these feelings aside, show determination and go for it.

Just remember you are not in control of others decisions but you can only influence their decisions if they have information to consider. ( if you see what I mean)

Great idea about phoning, is there an email link to the "right person", if yes, I'd send an email, to confirm telephone conversation, and attach your application. Don't forget to go to tools and check the receipt of email request before typing the email, then you know when they have received / opened it. :o

Good luck.

Peggy