Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ice Balloon

I'm hoping someone can help!

I've just stood in the kitchen with water spilling everywhere and balloons popping in my face! :o

On Friday I am delivering a half dya workshop course on sand, water and messy play and I want to set up balloons in the water - 1 with air, 1 with water and 1 with ice.

My mind has gone a complete blank, and I can't remember how you get the balloon partly blown up and add the water to freeze - there is a trick and I can't remember - unless I dreamt it! xD:D

Does anyone know the secret??? :(

Many thanks :D

Jenny

Hi Jenny - (I don't recall welcoming you, so - welcome!!)

Is there a trick? Surely, if you just get some water in there, the expansion of the freezing process will do it for you?????

Sorry, I don't have much to do with balloons these days, due to an inconvenient allergy!!

Sue

Basically you either need another pair of hands to support the balloon as you hold it onto the tap and slowly fill it, or to stand someting in the sink to take the weight as the balloon gets heavy. As Sue says don't over fill or you have a very messy freezer when it explodes!

Thanks I'll try that as well, I am beginning to wonder what else my memory has forgotten :o maybe it was the effect of a soggy balloon popping almost in my face!

As I carefully placed my ice cube tray in the freezer with coloured water, I wobbled an dit spilt and of course the red water ent over everything! xD

At least life isn't dull :D

If you do the frozen hand .... don't tell them it's Jack Frost's hand ... especially if you're then going to find ways to thaw it out - make it melt!!! quickly :o OR expect a visit from Child Protection Agency.

The people on the course just loved the ice balloon, so thanks for the help :D We talked about using gloves as well. Have you tried putting pulses intpo a rubber glove and using it for printing?

Well the pulses are fastened inside the glove so you dip the glove in the paint and print - hope that makes sense?! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)