Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Aladdin

Dear all,

This half term our topic is fairytales and I thought it would be a good idea to do Aladdin as all the well known fairytale are about princesses and my boys are not as engaged as I would like them to be. I am stuck on literacy activities, do you have any suggestions?

lol Zouzou

Hi

Sorry if this appears twice - I was really excited and typed too quickly the first one accidently vanished.

When I have done Aladdin - we have thought about Where would you go on your magic carpet? I was lucky enough to get 30 carpet samples form a carpet store so they all had their own! Recording on rug shaped paper of course!

We made our own storyboxes using sandpaper & sand. Looking closely at the shapes and type sof buildings to darw these to add onto the siades of the boxes - after we made the puppets these weere really popular for re-enacting.

We painted large scale characters and recorded words to describe them all around - this was great especially for the evil Jafar!

You could also use the Disney Colouring site to find some pictures to add sppech / thought bubbles to add what the charcter may be saying / thinking.

I know I did other stuff too but it was a couple of years ago, if anything else comes back to me - i'll post again!

Hope it helps

Ruby

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)