Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Burning/ Dry Eyes?

Hi

i am not sure if i have hayfever or not, i mean i have a summer cold and the odd spell of sneezing, but what is really bothering me is the fact that my eyes are so dry, they feel like they are burning when i close them and there irritating when there open.

Last night i was in the pub and they were really burning me and watery, i put it down to the smoky atmosphere, today tho they still burn and are irritating me.... im not tired so i know its not tiredness.....

i tend to notice this a bit more when i have been outdoors for a while and when driving (but only when driving when its bright) and i do wear suncgasses then as well.

I have brought some refreshing eye drops and they provide temporary relief (although sting when i first put them in).... but does anyone have any idea what the problem may be?

I don't think i need glasses (as i can see things well, when driving/reading etc) but im wondering what it could be...

any ideas?

Dawn

My other half JOe gets really bad itchy,sore eyes as part of his hayfever. That combined with loads of sneezing. It could well be a combination of hayfever and the smoke from last night. He only developed it in the past few years.

Hayfever.

Conjunctivitis.

You probably need something more than the refreshing eye drops and Im a bit bothered by the fact that you say they sting.

Have you used any new make up or anything that you could be allergic too?

Have you tried asking the pharmacist or do you have an NHS walkin clinic near you?

hope you feel better soon.

It could be lots of things including dry eye!

Are they red? Do you wear contacts? have any known allergies?

If you have any pain or light sensitivity, you relaly need to pop along to the docs or arrange to see an ophthalmologist. They will take a proper history and have a good look around in your eyes. Dont leave this to chance especially if you have had it a while.

I suffer from hayfever. sneezing runny nose stinging eyes. I use a combination of homeopathic tissue salts. It stops it all with in a 10 mins and you can take them 3/4 times a day if needed. youcan get them in any health food shop. and its not chemicals that your taking so no side affects. good luck