Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Inclusion Policy

Does anyone have an Inclusion Policy that they can give me pointers with please

Im in Kent and recently went on a new Funding Conference - we have to have certain criteria in place by end of July or else we will not receive funding

One of them is an Inclusion Policy - we have a SEN and an Equal Opps but apparently not sufficient

Also we have to have a 3 Year Business Plan, which I havent a clue how to start :o

Any help please, Im desperate

Does anyone have an Inclusion Policy that they can give me pointers with please

Im in Kent and recently went on a new Funding Conference - we have to have certain criteria in place by end of July or else we will not receive funding

One of them is an Inclusion Policy - we have a SEN and an Equal Opps but apparently not sufficient

Also we have to have a 3 Year Business Plan, which I havent a clue how to start :o

Any help please, Im desperate

I'm attending the Funding conference tomorrow, so thanks for a pre incite as to what I shall learn.

I have a format for a business plan, if you PM me and send me your address I'll post one off to you.

I also have an Inclusion Policy but it is at preschool, mind you I can't remember the last time I read it, however I could tell anyone how we impliment inclusion, just goes to show how 'useful' policies can be when shut up in a folder.

My personal view is that 'Inclusive practice' is a state of mind, an attitude towards others, which in practice is impossible to write 'procedures' for. Yes, anyone can follow written procedures but if you don't believe in them in principle, how meaningful can they be??

Sorry, on my soapbox again.

Peggy

Thank you so much for your replies, Ive been beavering away trying to trawl through the amount of work we have to do by 21st July, cant believe the short time scale

At the meeting I went to i noticed the requirements to meet the 'conditions' ( sorry brain dead for full title) However, the speakers didn't 'flag up' the policy or 3 year business plan to our group, so thanks for bringing it to my attention. :D

Our group were more concerned about having to charge for non funded parts of the session, especially an Independent school when they found out parents can't be charged for the funded part of the day :o

Peggy

Peggy,

I have just attended a two day course on Inclusion and they said the very same thing as you more or less - no good having all these policies etc if you dont have the right attitude to Inclusion - it has to be in your hearts and minds.

Would you mind sending me a copy of your format of your business plan as we have told this week by the PLA that we have to have one and haven't a clue where to start either. (Also been told we ned a headlice policy/no smoking policy.) I would gladly send you postage.

Smiles

Send me your address by PM and I'll send one to you.

My smoking policy is included in my Fire safety policy and a short sentence in my health policy on role modeling healthy lifestyle. ie: I am a smoker but I don't ever, even out of work, smoke in front of preschool children.

So did the two day course give you any ideas on how to 'evidence' inclusion?

Peggy

Thank you peggy - will do.

Course was very thought provoking - first part on all the legal stuff etc secnd part was alot more interesting - talked about inclusion in real terms coming from the heart - differentiation - which we all do alot of was a word much used . We have a child with special needs in our setting who has lots of outside support/interrvention quite rightly so but often I dont agree with them , the child is often segregated when working with his one to one. I often feel they are more qualified than I but the course made me realise that at the setting we are just as important as they are in this childs learning.

It showed me that there are ways of using the equipment which we have in the setting and it is not necessary to have lots of special resources.

Working on an assignment at the mo but iI will look at the info I got and see if I can recall anything else.

Smiles

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)