Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Co-ordination And Other Such Things...

Well... I've been thinking about this jb some more and have sent for the application pack so that's a step closer... my next question is however...

What does everyone see as the 5 MOST important things a FS co-ordinator/leader of learning/whatever title you choose to go by should be aware of/deal with.

Now I know this is an unanswerable question in some respects :o and I appreciate that it's ni on impossible to quantitfy such a thing... but I was just thinking - though I've temporarily been a FS leader in a large school - moving to FS/KS1 leader in a smaller school (which is due an OFSTED sometime soon) I just wanted to make sure I'd thought of things that might have passed me by before.

Mine would be ( I think xD:( )

1. FS / KS1 Tranistion

2. Baseline of Nursery children when they join you and how progress is assessed through nursery and reception ... and then how that feeds in (ha :( ) to Year One (this is one of the biggies that OFSTED asked at my current school)

3. Curriculum balance for the 6 areas of learning

4. Line management, working with 'your team'

5. I guess, Being answerable to parents

This is just very preliminary off the top of my head - but what would you see as more important? aside from the usual and much more important being-with-the-children-and-being-a-great-teacher-thing! ha :(

Guest tinkerbell

They all look good to me paul

I think they dont really have an order of importance.No5 I think working with the parents sounds better than 'being answerable'Nd No4 you need to work with all teams in school

Good luck

Tinkerbellx

thanks tinkerbell... I forgot to say that they were in no particular order... I agree that number 4 one of the most important. I was always told never to fall out with the cleaner, the cook and the caretaker! :):o

paul - whatever you do, don't fall out with the secretary :o or your requesition (? spelling), coach bookings, messages from parents will never be passed on. Not that I've experienced this. xD

Paul, "The foundation stage Teacher in action" is a good read, helps to refocus the brain and get everything sorted, if you havent read it. Wont be anything new I dont suppose but it made me feel more confident and reassured!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)