Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tasc Wheel

Guest Really

Guest Really

Does anyone have a blank one they could let me download? I have searched the internet but not found one that is very good.

Thanks.

Sorry I tried to post an attachment but it was a picture in Jpeg format and was pretty rubbish really! Went to edit and deleted it but can't post a modified message saying 'is this any good?'! and can't delete a message either :o

Sorry will try and find an alternative wheel :D

Edited by Geraldine

Guest Really

Thanks Beau and Geraldine - I found that one too but when you try and increase the size you can't read it.

I will keep looking!

Thanks again.

Really

Guest Really

Thanks Marion, I have both of these too! I am trying to find a blank one so I can fill it in with the children. I guess I need a photocopier and tippex!

Thanks for responding though, really appreciate all the help I get from this forum. :D

Really

x

Guest Really

Just thought I would let you know I used the TASC process with the children today and it was fantastic. Anyone who is thinking of going for it do so, you will be amazed.

Guest Really

It is a thinking tool and allows the children to take control of their learning. If you do a search on the internet you will find lots about it.

I am using it this week and started by doing a mindmap with the Reception children, they added everything they knew about minibeasts. Then the next stage was to ask them what they wanted to learn about minibeasts. They came up with about 15 questions which I wrote up on speech bubbles. They then decided which ones they would choose to do. These were 'What are woodlice?' 'How do spiders make webs?'. I told the children to go home and come back and tell me how they are going to find these things out. We then wrote a list of the things they came up with - internet, books, asking someone etc... I told the children that the out come will be for them to produce a zig zag book on either spiders or woodlice.

We then did mindmaps on woodlice and spiders and during the week I have added to it with a different colour so we can keep reviewing what we have learnt. Today they had found out that spiders have no bones, that they recyle their webs etc.. We spent time in our school garden searching for spiders and woodlice as they had learnt where they live.

It is fantastic to see the eagerness to learn, they are controlling what they learn and I am simply helping them. They are bringing information they have got off the internet from home and we keep adding to our mind maps. I do link activities in - I gave them a ball of wool, scissors and cellotape to see if they could make their own webs, they couldn't and it simply showed them what a work of art a spiders web is. They are drawing webs with chalk and black paper and using the tuff spot with plastic minibeasts to build homes. To me this is thinking skills at its best, the children are taking everything in because they are in charge. It also ties with assessment for learning as they are evaluating as they are going along, asking what more they need to know. The great question today was asked by one of my children 'If spiders don't have bones then why as they so strong?' Instead of me giving them the answer, I said I don't know how can we find out? They have gone home today searching for the answer!

We are not in an area with great parent support but the children are so empowered they are pushing their parents to help them!

Sorry to go on but I am very passionate about the way children learn and after introducing De Bono's hats and seeing a huge impact couldn't wait to get going with the TASC process.

Guest tinkerbell

I think Marion is refering to Sunflower our collegue.She has just opened her own web site with resources.They look really good and some of the resources are on a CD.

I an useless at doing links but search for Sunflower and its New Website follow..

Tinkerbellx

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

I hope this helps - it is a blank task wheel- not sure if it is what you are looking for. Works best on interactive white board using pens etc.

Let me know if it needs improving as I worked on it for sometime so can make any amendments you wish.

Take care

Suzy

task_wheel___blank.doc

Wonderful resources Sunflower. I have looked at your free stuff and will definitely return as a paying member- just can't order now as it is the end of the month... (sigh)

Thank you

Suzybell

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I was planning on using the TASC wheel for the first time this week and was just wondering if somebody who uses it could help me?? Do you set the topic first or do you ask the children what they would like to learn about then go from there?? I suppose you could do either but I was just wondering how it is mostly used. Thanks in advance to ease my confusion :o

Does anyone know the exact web address for these Sunflower resources. I've been hunting on google but don't seem t be able to find anything that seems right!

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)