Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

First Week Gone!

My goodness me, where has this week gone?? I can't believe it is Friday already. Hope everybody had a good week back and have a great weekend!!

Linda

We have only had two days with the children as we have moved into a new building. The first three days of the week were spent frantically setting up new classrooms. We are all now under one roof and have a HALL. It was all worth it as the children are so excited and the parents are exstatic.

Gail

How leovely Gail. And your own Hall too. Wow. Hope youll have some exciting stories to share with us when you get settled in. I know its hard work moving into new buildings- all that packing etc but if its a new build, you can really enjoy now.

For us, Its been dramatic week. An electirical fault has taken out all power in the nursery including the heating. So weve been shivering away having lessons in the hall with about 60 children and are likely to foras long as it takes to replair or replace the boiler .

xD

So we hope this isnt a bad omen for the year.

Hang on a minute. Wasnt it a full moon that day........ :o

Sorry to here you have had a problem with your heating but glad I am not the only one. Our gas heaters were serviced after we finished last term. A fault was identified so the heaters had to be put out of use. The hall owners provided us with 2 oil-filled radiators that are useless together with an electric heater that would be totally unsafe to use with young children so I had to borrow 3 fan heaters. Lovely and warm but I have to get to the hall by 7.30.to turn them on!! I dread to think how much electicity they use not my problem in the short term but I guess they will use this as an excuse to increase the rent once again. I already pay £8 per hr!!!

We've just moved into a new building too, but only had Monday to set up ....... it was a very long day. It was worth it when we saw the childrens faces the next day. Still living out of boxes, but at least the head has put off the 3year olds for another few weeks. I think I've enjoyed playing with the new toys as much as the children and the builders have enjoyed it when we've had toast from our new kitchen. Exciting times ahead !! :oxD

Well I survived a whole week in my new job and really enjoyed it! :D I slept for England on friday night.

The kids are great, with one or 2 exceptions, but likable really!

I had a compliment from one of the TA's who said to the deputy that the kids were doing interesting work and were working well, and the deputy told me and said it was a real compliment for her to say that, so that put me on top of the world!

I still feel like I've got a million things to learn about, but you've got to start somewhere haven't you?!

Hope everyone else survived ok :)

Well it seems to have been an eventful week for everybody-mine was quite tame in comparison!!!

Being in new premises must be really exciting-if there is one thing I would change about our place is the building. But we make the most of it and the children are all happy. We are in the basement of a church hall which is not ideal but we have it decorated with bright colors and lots of displays done by the children. On Wednesday mornings there is a Slimming World group upstairs and we have had complaints from them, light hearted I have to say, when we have toast!!!

Well done Nichola! What a great start for you! Keep it up!

Linda

Only one week back into childminding, lovely to have the little ones back, i really missed them over christmas but now i'm laid up with my back, in a lot of pain so lying on a heated pad with my laptop on my knee surfing for planning ideas for the 3 year old i mind.

Tomorrow i have 3 under 5's so i need to be fit again.

off to have an early night i think.