Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

School Trip

We are visiting the farm on our school trip soon and I was wondering if you give your children a task to do when there? This will be my first ever school trip as I'm an NQT so I'm feeling a little nervous.

Our topic is journeys but I wanted to do some work on animals and their babies and the products animals give. Any ideas?

Our tasks are always lots of looking and talking! Take lots of photos too good for follow up discussions.

I agree too.

I tried a questionnaire once! Note once!!

Have fun, children will take an awful lot in and surprise you with what they have picked up. Consolidate when you return to school. Take photos of the things you particularly want to concentrate on.

Have fun and enjoy!

Don't now what your catchement is like but when we went to the farm it was the furthest that some of the parents had ever been from their homes let alone the children. I was very lucky- lots of parents where happy to pay and come along with the children (keeping budget people happy as well) and it had a great imapct on my relationship with the parents as even though it was early April, cold but dry we had a fantastic time and I wa so relaxed due to the high levels of adults attending (1:2)- I was able to flit around, chat to children and parents, take photographs. Fantastic. Also the venue was so secure (Broomey Croft Farm- lovely, friendly people- will go again). As it was just before the main seaon they decided to offer the visit just to us- a whole children's farm to ourselves. Completely secure, no other children to worry about- no avenues of escape (guarded by farm staff), clean.

Have to say- don't what to appear too promote but the most nursery friendly farm that I have been to.

I can't wait to go again!!!!

Lisa

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)