Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Splitting The Topic Of Animals And Plants

As I am still training I am having to follow someone elses long term plan and for next term she has chosen topic of Plants and Animals. How would you split this down into more managable learning chunks. Ive thought we could focus on a different type of animal every week but so far only come up with;

PETS

FARM ANIMALS

SEALIFE ANIMALS

NOCTURNAL ANIMALS (ALTHOUGH NOT SURE CHILDREN WILL UNDERSTAND THIS)

WILD ANIMALS

MINIBEASTS

And im not sur how to incorporate plants into this.

any help would be appreciated!

thanks

jo

It sounds like an awful lot to me - far too much!!

We have just spent last term on Minibeasts and we could still carry on.

These days our topics often come from the children and/or we ask them what they would like to find out. Also don't overplan because you never know where the children will take you or what their interests might be.

Hope this helps!

I know its too much-id never choose such a big topic but i dont have much of a choice and I have to follow her long term plans just wondered if anyone had anu ideas on how to make it bit more managable!! thanks though. also being in a special needs school i feel like i need to plan a bit more to help the child with the direction of their learning.

cant wait till i can do my own long term plans

jo

Guest tinkerbell

jop

I agree with Bungalow i did animals for the Spring 2 and did

1 week living /not living this is when you can bring in dead(daffs)plastic and living plants.

2 weeks on pets

2 weeks on minibeasts

2 weeks on farm animals this was also Little red hen focus science week and planting seeds.baking bread etc.

It was quite hectic but good fun

Tinkerbellx

We do a number of animal related topics over a 2 year rolling cycle.

Myself and other creatures

Animal babies

In the jungle

Under the sea

Minibeasts

and plant related

Food and farming

growth

In the garden

harvest

In the jungle

they are both big topics and can only be dipped into over half a term good luck!

thank you for everyones help. lets hope it sparks the childrens interest which will have to be followed up next year

jo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)