Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assembly/collective Worship

Hello

Just been informed today that instead of going to 5 assemblies per week the whole school will have 2 inclass collective worships per week, and the rest will remain as whole school.

Does anybody know of any ideas/resources that would be useful for 'teaching' this aspect of my newly timetabled day?

what does everyone else do in a reception class?

Thanks Sarah x

Sarah, it woul depend what your focus is to be. Are you following the RE sylabus from QCA? there is a section for Foundation Stage. If not, then we tend to cover PSE strands from the goals. Or we do a circle time activity. <_< Chris

Sarah,

I think you should identify the time allocation on your timetable and then you can be fairly flexible. I have tried (unsuccessfully) to get a theme of the week adopted in our school but you can cover PSE goals and stop, close eyes and think about "whatever your focus was".

If you are following a syllabus(?) and as I understand it that depends on what your LEA has adopted, then it could be a good place to cover that.(again with a reflection).

What were the school assemblies like? Can you do that with your class? Do you have another class you could double up with? We have a unit Birthday Assembly for one of ours.

Susan

Thank you for those replies - did not know that the YR part of the QCA existed - have just downloaed it and found that it will come in very useful for this topic on journeys - was planning to do something on Noahs Ark! that's that covered then .... for this 1/2 term at least!

Sarah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)