Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Senco Requirements

Guest sophie

Guest sophie

Hi my setting is going to be ofsted in feb (my setting is a pre-school for children aged 2 to 4 years.

My senco is a little worried what questions will be asked by the inspector and how much knowledge they will expect her to have. as like may Senco's she gained the role then has attened courses as to have a senco is required for all settings

Hi Sophie

Our inspectors were not too concerned with quizzing our Senco perhaps because we do not have any funded children who have special needs. Do you? They did check our special needs policy to ensure that it fell into line with requirements and they were glad that we had all the paperwork in place. We have had a little boy with special needs in the past and so we had IEP's for him which we could show them. They did want to ensure that we would put into place an IEP for a child we have identified recently who we feel has behavioural problems.

If they seem to be asking very probing questions, which I doubt as this is a new role for most private and voluntary settings, explain this to them and tell them this is something you have just taken on board and are undertaking training. If your senco is attending meetings etc. there shouldn't be a problem. They like to see that you have identified areas for development.

Above all tell her not to worry.

Linda

Sophie, I agree with Linda. I wouldnt worry about probing questions. I am SENCO and our inspector wasn't really interested. All paperwork was in place so I suppose she was happy with that. Problems would come if the paperwork was not there! Good luck Chris

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)