Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Back To It!

Well the first day back wasn't as bad as I had expected-I have to admit that I wasn't looking forward to it yesterday. Anyway, only 3 criers, which was less than I had expected! And, I have to say that once I am there I really enjoy it-especially when the children are all so keen to be back. Most of them have had chickenpox over the holidays so they are all very spotty at the moment-which ties in nicely with our topic of patterns!!!

Hope everybody else had a good day! :D:D

Linda

Well I had my first day in my new school today, although it was an INSET day, so no kids! They will be there bright and breazy tomorrow at 9am. Wish me luck! I can't remember any of their faces to link to the list of names, as I only met them for 1 day before the hols and it was during the Christmas madness time!

Good luck tomorrow Nichola and have fun!!! And don't worry about the names thing-you will be fine! I have a member of staff who forgets names when the children have been with us for nearly 12 months!!! So I wouldn't worry if I were you!

Have a really great day!

Linda

Linda, we had one crier and 2 runners! Will be in touch reference linking. Now my studies are finshed, I will have more time! :o

Nichola, good luck tomorrow! How about letting the children make a name badge to wear? :)

Chris

Linda, we had one crier and 2 runners! Will be in touch reference linking. Now my studies are finshed, I will have more time! :o

Nichola, good luck tomorrow! How about letting the children make a name badge to wear? :)

Chris

Thanks for the good luck! I'll be fine with the names after a day or 2, I'm pretty good at them, and yes- they will be wearing labels with their names on! Already got them written out, sat on my desk ready to go! Also going to spend some quality time with them during this first week, do some assessment as my way of working out what they can and can't do- that way I'm doing 1-to-1 stuff with them, and doing something productive and helpful to me too!

good luck, Nichola.

I'm sure you'll do a grand job.

Personally hate name badges as I find they hinder rather than help.

Like to play alot of Hello type circle games to aid name recognition for myself and children although as your class is already established perhaps you won't need to although it can be very intersting to see who doesn't know who because they don't get together!! I'd certainly play a name recognition game with your badges, that'll be interesting too!

Susan

Well the name stickers worked a treat, and they were so excited about wearing them! I know at least 75% of the names linked to faces. In the phonics part of the day today I played a game linked to their name, which was good. The kids were all really good, and I even got 'good morning Miss Beech' and good afternoon Miss Beech from the lad with autism, which is great!

Looking forward to tomorrow, the staff have been really supportive, always asking me if I'm ok or need any help or anything! :)

Thanks! Looking forward to tomorrow- i've got art all afternoon. I'm supposed to be doing patterning, but I'm going to do some work about faces and ourselves- as another getting to know you activity!

It's great to hear your excitement, Nichola :D It really does make us all buzz!

Well I try! Got to keep going like this for as long as possible!

Had a good afternoon, decided to do the patterning thing after all! Some just didn't get the idea of a repeating pattern! :o

Let's hope we keep this optimism going! Staff are really supportive, and it feels so strange having all these support people around offering their help at break and dinner time etc!

Hi ther Nichola. Just to add to what the others have said, Its great to hear the enthusiam from someone really enjoying themsleves. Lets hope it stays like that for you. :D

Well I enjoyed all of my NQT year last year, I had a brilliant class which I really loved teaching and a great parrallel teacher who was better than my mentor! I had some rough times last year, mostly to do with my old head, but I learnt a lot from it. This year will be trickier, as I have a mixed reception/year 1 class and it's already January, so obviously they aren't mine from the start. Planning to make sure both years are getting what they are entitled to, whilst also making it fun, exciting and stimulating is a toughie, but I'll get there in the end! (though I'm still thinking of how to make tomorrow's lesson on addresses for our topic/geography lesson exciting) :D