Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child Protection Question

Hi everyone

hope your lucky enough to be enjoying the hols??

As part of my early years degree i have been given a case study about a child in a surestart setting whos dirty,smelly,and always hungry,dads got mental health issues,mums pregnant and hes got a 2yr old sibling with SEN. i have to say what the sure start setting would do and what help for the family and child protection procedures id follow and agencies to contact.

Is there anyone out there at a sure start setting that could help or what your setting would do ive contcated my local sure start but there so busy i didnt like to bother them.

Hoping you can help

Claire :D

Try this link

"Sure Start Children’s Centres Practice Guidance

The Sure Start Children’s Centre Practice Guidance is designed to improve service provision in a number of ways."

sure start

I've only had a quick look but this may be able to inform you what services, other professionals work within surestart centres.

Good luck.

Peggy

Just like to add that you would be looking for who would support;

Dad

Mum

Child with possible child protection issues

child with SEN.

I know it is only a case study but thankfully there are support services for families such as this coping with all their issues. The main thing is to help the family be open minded to such support.

Peggy

These are some I had in my favourites from when I had an assignment on child protection issues

Everychildmatters

Department of health

NSPCC

Department of health

Click here!

I found them all useful and it also depends on a settings procedures. For example in mine (which is a large sen setting) we have a named person who would deal with any issues that we would bring to her attention. So in the situation you describe we would put together a careful and accurate account of what is happening with as much relevant information as possible which she would pass on to the relevant agencies - in this case it is more than likely that a social worker is already involved with the family. I think Peggy makes a fair point in that its important to work in partnership with the family and help them to be open minded about the support they need.

Hi everyone

As part of my early years degree i have been given a case study about a child in a surestart setting whos dirty,smelly,and always hungry,dads got mental health issues,mums pregnant and hes got a 2yr old sibling with SEN. i have to say what the sure start setting would do and what help for the family and child protection procedures id follow and agencies to contact.

Is there anyone out there at a sure start setting that could help or what your setting would do ive contcated my local sure start but there so busy i didnt like to bother them.

Hoping you can help

57636[/snapback]

cptraining.rtf

Hi everyone

Hoping you can help

57636[/snapback]

Thanks everyone this has given me something to start from and confirmed i was on the right lines.Its a horrible subject but hopefully by doing this case study it will enable to be able to help families in the near future. Thanks claire ++++ :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)