Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Another Question

Hi just another question,

In the reception year, do you put the FSP statements in your planning, or do you use the statements in the guidance. I feel a little confused!!

In my Reception planning, it does depend on the time of year what statements I use. For example at the beginning of the year I will use stepping stone statements or profile statements depending on the ability of the children. In Literacy and Numeracy our co-ordinators insist we use the NLS/NNS statements but I still use SS/ELG/profile statements where needed. It is a bit of a pick and mix approach but as long as the whole of the statutory FSP is covered I think this will be ok

I don't use the profile statements because they are evidence of what children have learnt rather than learning intentions in themselves, I think. By teaching to the profile points I think we could be argued to be narrowing the learning opportunities we provide the children with. I went on a moderation course the other day and they stressed the point that the FSP points were not learning objectives and that our planning should be drawn from the Curriculum Guidance. Sorry if this makes anyone cross but it's something I feel quite strongly about.

i agree with the last two posts... as far as I knew... you plan to the stepping stones and ELGs and then assess to the FSP. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)