Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Rose Report/playing With Sounds

Guest tinkerbell

Guest tinkerbell

It's my turn to be fed up.

Went on a course for Early years co-ordinators today where we were shown some bits from the consultancy paper on 0-5 curriculum.we were also told that we would have to use playing with sounds according to the findings of the Rose Report. xD

I spoke out to say it wasn't compulsory and surely we could use Jolly phonics or whatever we had in place so long as it was systematic.(I actually like some of the games in the playing with sounds) No body spoke it was one of them sort of courses. :o

So I then told them what I thought about the authority buying into the PIPs assessments...bearing in mind the consultancy paper says no testing for under 5's!!! sitting the children infront of a computer for half an hour is testing to me....and the pips only does certain things.They actually agreed with me....so I asked them to talk to the ICT adviser and sort it out mixed messages.I wish I hadn't gone on the course.

I get all my information from you kind people :)

Tinkerbellx

It does leave you thinking am i right?

Well done to you Tinkerbell, I always admire people for speaking out.

I agree with you, you are right.

Don't be fed up! x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)