Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Split Placements

Hi

Does anyone have any experience of split school placements for SN children? We have a child who is currently attending mainstream school full time but is possibly going to be going to a SN school two afternoons a week to access some sensory equipment with me (TA). Does anyone have any children who do this and if so how have you organised transport etc? and have you come across any potential problems with this arrangement.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Jo

Sorry Ive always been the recieving teacher in the mainstream setting but children have always been accompanied by someone from their own school or setting. Sometimes we have been within walking distance otherwise I presume the adult drove.

yes we have done this, but like Susan, been the mainstream school. Sometimes special schools have minbuses that they can make available for this, could you ask? This was the case for us. Otherwsie you may need a taxi. I wouldnt use your own car under any circumstances, and I would certainly sort this out in advance especially if its gong to be a regualr comittment

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)