Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Next Topic: Materials

We're due to do 'materials' next half term & I'm a bit stuck for story ideas (although activity ideas would also be greatly appreciated). So far all I've got is We're Going on a Bear Hunt, with a view to having examples of most/all of the things they go through for children to explore.

Generally I'm thinking: ice, cooking (changing materials), Making houses from different materials (DT - 3 Little Pigs link), exploring clay (and other malleables) and investigating fabrics/clothes.

Come on all you clever people - help me out with this one.

(Although the reality is that being the last half of the summer term, we won't get half the things done due to trips, sports day, special assemblies etc.)

What about recycling? We are going to make a 'rubbush monster' from recycable materials and read the story 'dinosaurs and all that rubbish'.

With the 'three little pigs' I have the hand puppets and brought in a brick, some twigs and some straw, the children acted out the story and had to try and blow the materials down.

What about recycling?  We are going to make a 'rubbush monster' from recycable materials and read the story 'dinosaurs and all that rubbish'.

With the 'three little pigs' I have the hand puppets and brought in a brick, some twigs and some straw, the children acted out the story and had to try and blow the materials down.

57369[/snapback]

I did The Princess and the pea' used lots of different materials for the mattress's ie shiny fabric, fur, netting etc etc, looked great with a princess on top of a huge bed.

x :o

I'm just making this flag up again, as loads of busy people have added new posts (mine has now disappeared off the raydar :o )and may not have had the opportunity to share their thoughts on this matter. Thanks in advance! (and to those who have already helped)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)