Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reports Help!

Hi all, hope someone out there can help. I'm an NQT and it's the first time I'm writing reports. Can anyone direct me to a website or somewhere please where I can take statements. Head won't let me use eprofile. Can anyone share this information with me.

Thanks in advance

Flowerxxxx

I'm not sure of a website, but I have a list of comments for each area that I must have down-loaded at some. Not sure where they came from though.

They're a bit formal, and I find it is much better to make the reports more personal to the child, but they may give you some starting points and ideas of what to comment on.

Jackie

report_comments_foundation_stage.doc

Edited by Jackie A.

Thanks very much for the download - it looks great to fill in gaps - I will cetainly use some of it when I come to write my reports - which are coming up soon now. Must get eveything up to date over half term

Nikki

I always add a photo page with my reports too... with photo of that child and a little annotation... anyone else do this?

Just find it's another good way for parents to see something there child really enjoyed doing but didn't necessarily get told about at home :o

I've just very quickly added text in red to provide prompts on making the statements more individual.

I give all my parents a CD with photo's taken over the period of time their child has been with us. Cheaper than printing off photo's.  xD

Peggy

58041[/snapback]

Wow... lots of useful things here... Peggy, so do you just go down the list and select a few of the statements fvor each child then? caus there's alot there isn't there :o

sorry... just one more thing :( I'm sure it's to do with the way different people work... or that I'm just slow, but can someone tell me how the statements are organised on the download?

are they in blocks, getting progressively higher achieving as them move down the page?

:o

it's saturday night... what can I say?!? xD

Wow... lots of useful things here... Peggy, so do you just go down the list and select a few of the statements fvor each child then? caus there's alot there isn't there  :o

58094[/snapback]

Yes, there are a lot and some are just slight differentiations. I've only looked at them myself recently after they were first posted in this topic.

Haven't used them yet but I am thinking of asking the staff to try them this year, I will suggest that they save the word doc in the childs name, add childs name throughout text, delete what is not relevant and add personal, individual comments in place of red text. I don't know yet how useful (or not) this method will be. I think it will ensure all aspects are covered and provides as much info as possible for the childs reception teacher.

We use a format in Kent which also includes next steps comments, so when staff have done thier bit, I intend to copy and paste onto the Kent format, and include next steps.

I think it is a good list for

1/ training new staff in report writing, and

2/ As a prompt for more experienced staff.

My aim would be that staff are able to use the list as just a prompt in the future, and write reports straight into 'blank boxes' as I think they will find that actually using the full list ( and deleting) as described above, will be too time consuming. I'll let you know how it goes. We are doing our reports over the next few weeks.

I think they are written in Aspect / stepping stone order, but not sure as I have only had a look at them in the context of writing my 'red' prompts and as I am not very good at lateral thinking, xD I didn't really notive what 'order' they are written in, if any.

I'm preschool so these will be used for Record of Transfer docs. ( attached example blank)

Record_of_transfer_Blank_doc.doc

SEN_Transitional_Report_Form_2003.rtf

• 4 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)