Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

M8 Routines

HI JUST A QUICK QUESTION IF ANY ONE CAN HELP, I'M COMING TO THE END OF MY NVQ3 AND HAVE SOME WORK TO DO ON M8,

WHEN PLANNING ROUTINES CAN ANYONE THINK OF ANY STEREOTYPICAL ASSUMPTIONS WHICH CAN BE MADE WHEN ASSESSING CHILDRENS NEEDS ?

I AM HAVING TROUBLE THINKING OF ANY, MY BRAIN HAS TURNED TO JELLY!!

Hi Sharon

I'm also coming to the end of my NVQ 3 (thank God!) I'm just working through my optional units - MC1/C2, MC1/C4 and P2.

My M8 has been assessed and deemed competent, so I hope the following is useful for you.

I crossed referenced 'stereotypical assumptions......' to M7 where I had included something along the lines of...

When assessing the developmental level of children, it is important not to label them by using stereotypical assumptions.

For example:-

I then listed 8 assumptions such as -

A child who is deaf cannot enjoy musical activities

A boy shouldn't want to play with dolls

etc, etc

I concluded with a paragraph explaining that the above assumptions can affect how a child is related to and how they perceive themselves and could limit a childs expectations and aspirations in life, and this in turn could adversely and unfairly affect their development potential.

These stereotypicl assumptions can be avoided by treating each child fairly, as a unique individual with huge potential - whatever their ability, disability, age, gender, culture or racial origin. "see the child and their potential".

I also included a paragraph about how I would observe each individual child and create and implement plans accordingly. and that within a setting children should be exposed to positive images of a diverse range of people.

Hope this helps.

I'm hoping to finish all my assignments by the end of this week as I'm starting a new job and would LOVE to be qualified when I start.

Good luck

M

Monica,

That sounds just the way it should be awnsered. I have completed this assignment and got it signed off with the answer I put down and it was along the same lines as yours, my assessor said that was a very good answer.

So Sharon, you can now get ahead and complete this unit with the help from us. It wont be long now until you can safely put the folder to rest and I can asure you that you will feel a whole lot lighter. I,m very nearly fninshed the course now and just need to see my assessor one last time to check my portfolio, so glad it's over and worth it.

Good Luck.

Hi,

Really just reassurance, but M7/M8 are quite complimentary, the only difference being that you should really only take on M8 if in a Daycare setting. As an Assessor, I expected cross-references between the two where appropriate.

Sue

Thanks to all of you for your help, i can now get on and finish this unit and the coarse, its been a hard slog but i know it will be worth it in the end !!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)